Re: A recent update messed up application preferences

On 04/03/2018 05:15 PM, Shai Berger wrote:
Hi,

I'm using Testing, and a recent update -- I'm not sure which, there
seem to have been both a large KDE update and a large Gnome/Cinnamon
update in the last few days -- have messed up my application
preferences. Thus, I suddenly found Gimp as my default PDF reader (when
it has been Okular ever since Okular was available in Debian), and a
".jpeg" image suddenly opened in ImageMagick instead of Gwenview in my
mail application (Claws Mail), although Gwenview was still chosen by
xdg-open.

Can anyone give me some clue where to look for the culprit?

It's easy to fix, choose open with, choose the application you want and check the box to remember, done.
--
Jimmy Johnson

Devuan Jessie - KDE 4.14.2 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda5
Registered Linux User #380263