Re: KDE Pim 17.08.3 wants to remove knode

On giovedì 4 gennaio 2018 11:47:58 CET Rob Brewer wrote:
> Pino Toscano wrote:
>
> > Some of these (dolphin4, kdepim-doc, libkc*, libqmobipocket1) are old,
> > and should appear in the
> > The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> > required: section in the output of apt.  Can you please paste/attach the
> > full outputs of
> > - LANG=C apt-get install sasl2-bin
> > - LANG=C dpkg -l '*sasl*'
> > ?
>
> LANG=C apt-get install sasl2-bin
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
>   dolphin4 kde-baseapps-data kdepim-doc kpart-webkit ktnef libgeos-3.5.1 libkcddb4 libkcompactdisc4 libkonqsidebarplugin4a libmikmod3 libqmobipocket1 libsdl-mixer1.2 libsdl-net1.2 python3.6-2to3

As the text says, these packages were installed by something else as
dependency, and they are no more needed now.  You can remove them with
apt-get --purge autoremove

> Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
> The following additional packages will be installed:
>   db-util db5.3-util
>   db-util db5.3-util sasl2-bin
> 0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 14 not upgraded.
> Need to get 230 kB of archives.
> After this operation, 712 kB of additional disk space will be used.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n

So installing sasl2-bin will install also db-util db5.3-util, without
removing anything else -- sounds good to me.

I guess you get a similar output when trying to install scdaemon?

--
Pino Toscano