Re: Akregator 17.08 regressions

Hola,

Sandro Knauß - 19.11.17, 00:12:

> > > you mean back and forth for links you follow? context menu "back" and
> > > "forward"?
> >
> > Yes. A long time ago there has been browser navigation buttons "back to
> > before) in the toolbar. This was missing in 16.04 already, so no
> > regression.
> >
> > In which context menu do you see "back" and "forward"?
>
> I open a link of an article inside a new tab (embeded browser) and follow
> one link inside the browser. Than I can see Back as first element in the
> context menu at the whole webpage. But also I see this if I hover a link.

I don´t see this entry. I see "Stop", "Reload", but no "Back" at first
webpage.

Additionally then I have it again that the "Open" entries are gone as well.

On certain circumstandes all webbrowser navigation and open entries in the
context menu are just gone.

And… sometimes it works and I know also see the "Back" context menu entry.

Strange. This is erratic here. Yet no clue on when it works and when it does
not.

Only "Stop" and "Reload" seem to appear always.

I even have it that at first I have no "Back" entry but then when I follow
another link I suddenly get a "Back" entry.

It does work for you *all of the times*?

Okay, I probably have something reproducable:

Heise Online News

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise-atom.xml

Article:

Zweibeiniger Roboter Atlas schafft Salto rückwärts
18.11.2017

Follow link "Roboter Atlas" in the first sentence. => Menu has only "Stop" and
"Reload". No "Open link …", no "Back".

Click on a menu entry like "Robots / Handle", then I have "Back" entry. If I
choose "Back" entry, then in the original page about robot Atlas I also have a
"Forward" entry. But no "Open link … " entries.

Can you reproduce that? If so, then I would have something to report.

KDE Applications 17.08.2 contains a fix on Akregator that may fix wierd
behavior like that:

Make sure part is created before main windows is restored. Commit. Fixes bug
#381822. Fixes bug #378513. Fixes bug #381825. Fixes bug #377129

https://www.kde.org/announcements/fulllog_applications.php?
version=17.08.2#akregator

But maybe I am misunderstanding this and this only fixes issues on startup of
the application.

Thanks,
--
Martin