Re: Amarok disappeared from testing. Wait or install from stable or unstable?

On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 05:52:18PM -0400, Robert van den Berg wrote:
> Amarok stopped working (it would load, but wouldn't play anything anymore) for
> me under testing after a complex update. I tried to remove and reinstall
> Amarok, only to find that Amarok is currently not present in testing.
>
> I was wondering if I'm better of to wait for the unstable version to arrive in
> testing.
The version currently present in unstable will never migrate.
The only way for Amarok to return into testing is someone packaging the
Qt5 version which at this point is not even guaranteed.

> Alternatives are to install it from unstable or from stable. However, I'm not
> sure if I'll run into dependency issues.
You may try to install it but it's only a temporary solution even if it
will work. Qt4 will soon be dropped.

--
WBR, wRAR