Re: Amarok disappeared from testing. Wait or install from stable or unstable?

On 23/10/2017 03:22, Robert van den Berg wrote:
Hi all,

Amarok stopped working (it would load, but wouldn't play anything anymore) for
me under testing after a complex update. I tried to remove and reinstall
Amarok, only to find that Amarok is currently not present in testing.

I was wondering if I'm better of to wait for the unstable version to arrive in
testing. However this page: https://release.debian.org/britney/
update_excuses.html#amarok suggests that it's already 280 days on hold.

Alternatives are to install it from unstable or from stable. However, I'm not
sure if I'll run into dependency issues.

Do you have any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Robert

Hi, if it's any help "Amarok" does work for me in Unstable, but it as several dependencies in Unstable so you may have to pull many packages. Otherwise I find "Clementine" a good replacement, and since Amarok port to QT5 looks very slow at best it might be a good idea to consider alternate solutions anyway.

Hope it helps.