Re: Plasma 5.10 in Testing?

On 10/12/2017 04:26 AM, Libor Klepáč wrote:
Hi,
I see those sometimes, starting few minutes after resume.
It's fixable by `kquitapp plasmashell` & run it again from krunner.

I don't know when it started, i have to candidates:
1) after upgrading to Plasma 5.10
2) after enabling GPU accel in firefox

My GPU is
VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics
Controller (rev 0b)

BTW: is it safe to upgrade to latest MESA, pulling in libegl1? Last time i
tried, it broke GPU acceleration and also video acceleration. There are still
some bug reports opened againts MESA.

I have two Buster systems on my Haswell fully upgraded, I did have a update problem with dpkg not over writing package desktop-profiles so I purged desktop-profiles, completed the update and then reinstalled desktop-profiles. After reboot I could not start plasma with Error (All shell packages missing.), I could not repair the problem and then got the idea that maybe re-purging desktop-profiles may fix the problem and it did, so now I have two buster systems completely updated working fine. So I do have the latest mesa in buster and all is well, but I never have had a problem with this Haswell.

Good luck,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Buster - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda7
Registered Linux User #380263