Re: libreoffice-kde package qt4 -> qt5

what to do for the moment?  LibreOffice 5.4.x can only be installed without libreoffice-kde. Looks ugly. Accept it, right?

Luc

Op 15 okt. 2017 16:04 schreef "Rene Engelhard" <rene@debian.org>:
Hi,

On Thu, Oct 05, 2017 at 07:38:57PM +0100, Rik Mills wrote:
> > The libreoffice-kde package is built upon qt4, but deserves a port to
> > qt5/plasma.

There is no -kde package anymore. (except in stable)

> > Can you advice how I can help to give it attention and support?
>
> Porting branch for the VCL to Qt5/KF5 I believe
>
> https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/log/?h=feature/kde5

Jup, that's it. When it'll be ready - no idea. And then there is the possible
"exists but is buggy or has subtle major problems"
(like gtk3 was at the beginning.)

For more details about what it involves:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas#KDE5:_port_KDE4_plugin_to_KF5 and
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/Ideas#KDE4:_use_Qt4_widgets_and_abstraction_layer_for_painting_and_event_filtering

Regards,

Rene