Re: Multi-Screen Problems after upgrading jessie -> stretch

Hello,

Am 2017-10-03 um 15:31 schrieb Andreas v. Heydwolff:
> On 2017-10-03 12:56, Jan Luehr wrote:
>> Hello folks,
>>
>> I've some trouble with multi-screen setups changing while logged in - ie

(...)

> What a coincidence. Same problem here between a Lenovo Skylake i915
> laptop and a Benq device, with a HDMI connection on both sides. I am
> using stock Stretch, no upgrades to testing or experimental.
>
> This ruined a talk I gave yesterday evening. The audience was somewhat
> forgiving, but will be less so tomorrow in another setting.
>
> At best a slide would be visible after a few seconds for a second or
> two, disappear again, and if lucky, show up once or twice more for a few
> seconds before switching to the next slide. Sometimes the right half of
> the slide was visible on the left half of the screen. I thought it was
> the cable's fault, thought of trying another one later today.
>
> An urgent fix would be highly appreciated.

Forgot to mention:
- I started using Gnome 3 today. No problems so far (appears to be KDE
only).
- System is a Lenovo W530, discrete graphics used all time, nouveau driver.

Greetz, Jan

--
For those of you without hope, we have rooms with color TV,
cable and air conditioning