Re: libblockdev-part2

On 08/31/2017 12:28 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
Jimmy Johnson - 31.08.17, 12:16:
On 08/31/2017 11:15 AM, Diederik de Haas wrote:
On donderdag 31 augustus 2017 10:25:23 CEST Jimmy Johnson wrote:
As you can probably see, I'm trying to figure what is stopping
libblockdev-part2 from being upgraded..

But it has been fixed now, so the updated binaries shouldn't take long to
arrive in the archives and thereby resolve the dependency issue.

Thank you,

Is it safe to assume that sgdisk will replace gdisk?  If so, will it be
a drop-in replacement or more complicated?

sgdisk *is* in the gdisk package and is used for scripting purpose. Just view
manpage of it.

I recommend to use either fdisk or cfdisk from util-linux meanwhile. They both
are based on the same partitionining code meanwhile and support GPT. Or parted
if you prefer that.

Just look at the output of "apt changelog gdisk" to see how dated the Debian
package for gdisk is. The upstream webpage has a newer version, but it is not
yet packaged in Debian archive.

So or so… this is off-topic here. So I suggest to ask partitioning related
questions on debian-user instead.

Martin, you can nicely share or keep quit, you insist on being my personal thorn since I posted to a thread more than two years ago, I'm attempting to learn the movement of a package here and not something about partitioning, maybe you are more dense than me, but from the start you have been a thorn. If you want to continue your argument you are welcome to post to me personal, I will not block you and I will be truthful. By the way I have never learned a thing from you except not to post to you, you only irritate the hell out of me.

regards,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - AMD A8-7600 - EXT4 at sda1
Registered Linux User #380263