Re: Plasma 5.10 and KF 5.37

Luc Castermans - 29.08.17, 09:01:
> Op 29-08-17 om 08:55 schreef Martin Steigerwald:
> > Libor Klepáč - 29.08.17, 08:39:
> >> just upgrade to qt5.9, frameworks 5.37 and plasma 5.10,
> >> upgrade was smooth, no problem.
> >>
> >> Logged in again, everything seem to be ok so far.
> >> Kde window manager is still in 5.8.7 version
> >
> > Lol, thanks for feedback, Libor.
> >
> > I feel tempted :)
[…]
> I could not resist:     aptitude install plasma-framework  -t experimental
>
> All looks OK for me

That is just the frameworks. Plasma is a bit more tricky.

You need to update plasma-desktop, plasma-workspace and dependencies.

I personally check for left over packages by dpkg -l | grep and the any one of
the version numbers 5.8.5, 5.8.6, 5.8.7 for Plasma, and 5.28, 5.27 (didn´t find
any) for KDE Frameworks. There are automatic ways to do it, I prefer to do it
manually tough as I well more in control.

With KDE Frameworks quite some qml packages are not upgraded automatically to
5.37 with the command you mentioned.

Thats pitfal of experimental.

Thanks,
--