Re: jessie upgrade deemed very difficult + there is no simple way not to install konqueror

On 06/20/2017 01:26 PM, Shawn Sörbom wrote:
On Monday, June 19, 2017 11:24:59 PM PDT inkbottle wrote:
task-kde-desktop depends on kde-standard
which depends on plasma-desktop
which depends on kde-baseapps
which depends on konqueror
which depends on tons of difficult to understand seemingly outdated
dependencies.

The upgrade is very difficult

In fact I give up the upgrade altogether.
I'll have to come to it through another angle:
There are tons of packages which I deem old and unnecessary, and I find no
simple way not to install them.

And there is no simple way not to install konqueror.

Chris

PS: Also aptitude put all automatically installed packages to satisfy
dependencies in manually installed: hundreds of them.

It is a very difficult upgrade.

If you download the meta-package source for kde-baseapps, you could remove the
konqueror dependency from the control file, bump the version number, and repack
it. I know this isn't ideal, but if you are willing to invest time in the
task, it is doable.
Good luck,
--Shawn

In Synaptic this is a very easy problem to solve, in auto-remove select all packages and go to menu, package and uncheck auto-installed packages. I then run upgrade-system(uses deborphan) in the konsole to clean the mess up.

Cheers,
--
Jimmy Johnson

Debian Sid/Testing - KDE Plasma 5.8.7 - Linux 4.9 - EXT4 at sda15
Registered Linux User #380263