Re: rebooting after upgrade alway a complete mess

On Saturday, May 27, 2017 4:38:09 PM CEST Ferdinand Thommes wrote:
> Did you check the journal? A quest like 'journalctl -b -1' would show the

Thanks for the command...
It happens there are tones of errors,
from 3 sources
kscreen                       (like journalctl -b -3|egrep kscreen|wc -l =>
26390)
sddm-greeter (and sddm)
systemd

Actually everything broke, and kscreen has huge difficulties dealing with the
dual screen

Minutes ago, kde failed to remember that the laptop screen is not to be used
and that it is the external screen that is used; which has consequence that
when I turned the external screen on and start typing the screen remained off
because of no input...

Had to go in the cupboard to reach the laptop, open the lid, and see things
went awry, completely.

Also, I recall it is not a new error, it is sth that's running for months, if
not years

plasma + multiple monitors,
sddm not showing cursor,
mpv and compositor
are also errors with many occurrences on the net

====

What I do is try to sort the "journalctl -b -3" according to what I remember
happened

And then I'll put it here

And yes it is a complete mess