Re: Any chance of getting kio-audiocd for kf5 into backports?

In data giovedì 18 maggio 2017 10:54:17 CEST, Shawn Sörbom ha scritto:
> On Friday, April 28, 2017 9:14:01 AM PDT Maximiliano Curia wrote:
> > ¡Hola Shawn!
> >
> > El 2017-04-27 a las 13:15 -0700, Shawn Sörbom escribió:
> > > So, should I wait for sid to reopen or try to upload to experimental?

IIRC backports are packages already in testing (so the next release)
built for the current stable. This means that you cannot upload as
backport something which is not even in unstable.

To be backported to stretch, the kf5 version of kio-audiocd (and its
dependencies) will need to be in the buster testing first, so there is
not much you can do before stretch is released.

> Just a quick status update. I was able to build kio-audiocd, and it seems to
> work fairly well. I will be filing ITP's on it and its dependencies later
> today.

ITP is for new sources, not for existing ones -- please do not file an
ITP for the kf5 version of kio-audiocd, since src:kio-audiocd already
is in Debian.

--
Pino Toscano