Re: Plasma lock screen stuck

On Friday 05 May 2017 21.50:20 you wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just (dist-)upgraded a laptop from jessie to stretch and now there's
> one problem left concerning KDE / Plasma:
>
> After closing the lid and re-opening it, everything seems stuck, i.e. if I
> enter the password nothing is shown in the password field, and if I click on
> Change User, nothing happens as well. But the machine is still alive and I
> can change to a text console and after restarting sddm using systemd there
> I can re-login graphically again.
>
> Any ideas what the problem might be?
>
> Thank you, kind regards,
> Bernd

Problem solved: further investigation showed that it has been user-related,
i.e. other users didn't have that freezing problem. I set up the affected user
account from scratch and now everything works fine.

(First I tried to isolate the setting responsible for the freezing, but
without success.)

Best,
Bernd