Re: Kmail often stuck at "Retrieving folder contents..."

On Wednesday, 1 March 2017 12:53:20 GMT David Baron wrote:
> On יום רביעי, 1 במרץ 2017 11:17:56 IST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> > Hello Tim.
> >
> > Am Mittwoch, 1. März 2017, 10:56:45 CET schrieb Tim Ruehsen:
> > > Please wait...
> > >
> > > No matter how long I wait, KMail is stuck.
> > > I have to restart KMail.
> > >
> > > My impression: It happens regular when changing folders too fast.
> > >
> > > Of course I tried akonadictl (fsck + vacuum + restart) with no success.
> > >
> > > Any idea where to look at or what to do ?
> >
> > This topic has been discussed just recently on kdepim-users mailing list.
> > It appears to be a known issue.
> >
> > Please review
> >
> > "Retrieving Folders..." hang and a possible solution
> >
> > thread there.

> > Thanks,
>
> Select the option to download for off-line use. Once the stuff is there,
> problem will not recur.
I get it all the time on local folders, and all my IMAP connections are
already set to disconnected mode (i.e. download for off-line).

Usually stopping kmail and akonadi and then starting kmail again
fixes it.

> I was under the impression there were problems on GMail servers but
> apparently more widespread.
I have never had problems with any of the actual servers, only the local
folders.

I had read somewhere on one of the KDE forums that this was supposed
to be fixed in 16.08, but I do not remember details.

David