FIXED: Latest mysql upgrade (5.5.53-0+deb8u1) causes Akonadi to fail to start

Hey,

You hopefully all saw the "security update" for akonadi, that fixes the non
stating issue:
https://www.debian.org/security/2016/dsa-3714

> I am using Akonadi with MariaDB since quite a while.

@martin: please keep in mind, that this issue with mysql-server is a problem
at Debian stable. As I know you are using unstable (KF5 based kdepim).
Promoting to switch to MaraDB should mention, that you havn't tested this
switch for stable. <- Or did you test this on stable too?

Never the less you are right about promoting the switch- also upstream
suggests to switch to MariaDB for current kdepim (KF5 based).

> Works marvellously. I just did an mysql_upgrade after a while to upgrade to
> fix some warnings in log, but it worked before that as well.

Strange - the maintainer for akonadi told me, that MariaDB and MySQL both
should detect a new installed version and perform an update automatically. Or
are you were talking about, what you did after the switch?

Best Regards,

Sandro