Re: Compositing Problem

On donderdag 27 oktober 2016 02:38:10 CEST Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> Downgrading to Jessie-backports  works, but cause package management
> problems. I wonder if backporting  the free driver would work too.

Not likely. It would only work if both nouveau and nvidia had a working driver
and both introduced a bug around the same time which made it not work.
It can happen, but statistically highly unlikely.

The jessie-backports workaround was just to get back to an older known working
driver and apparently ppl found that easier then using snapshot.debian.org.

When you're using testing or sid, I highly recommend getting familiar with
snapshot.debian.org as it allows you to downgrade to any version that was
released to debian.