Re: Compositing Problem

Jus to debian-kde list:

Am Samstag, 22. Oktober 2016, 20:49:03 CEST schrieb David Baron:
> Just maybe it be time that plasma worked correctly with Nouveau. Nouveau is
> beautiful for everything else.
>
> At least, Debian folks are maintaining that, not dependent on Nvidia to
> maintain for legacy devices they would rather forget.

Issues like this are the reason why I do not buy NVidia based desktop/laptop
graphics at all, basically following a simple rule: Either the driver is free
software or I am not interested *at all*. As its difficult to write well working
drivers when the manufacturer of the graphic chips does not help very much by
providing specs, docs and developer resources, I stick to vendors that get it
mostly right regarding free software (currently Intel, but certain AMD chips /
cards may be just well as well).

Of course that only helps with newly bought hardware. And it doesn´t help
gamers who want high enough FPS  and late enough OpenGL support even for
demanding games. I just stick to games that work well enough with my current
hardware.

Thanks,
--
Martin