task bar missing

This has been going on for a few weeks. I was hoping that it would get fixed but instead it's gotten worse.

I'm running Debian/Testing on an AMD64 machine - with KDE obviously.

When I reboot my computer, which I only do every week or so depending on on how it's behaving, the task bar is missing after I log in. Up until today, I could log out and it would reappear with the second login.

Today it's just gone. A quick trip to Google came up with:
   kquitapp plasmashell && kstart plasmashell
which brought it back.

Just wanted to bring this to people's attention since reportbug doesn't seem to have done that.