Re: High CPU load caused by plasmashell

On Wednesday, 2016-06-15, 09:05:16, Marc Haber wrote:
> I have two desktop machines and two laptops running current unstable
> with KDE. Both desktops do have the issue that plasmashell suddenly
> begins taking a full CPU core while staying fully responsive. This
> especially happens after suspend or when the system was idle for some
> time, for example when I go to lunch and return an hour later.
>
> X itself takes about 50 % CPU if this happens.
>
> Killing off plasmashell and starting a new one solves the issue.
>
> Is this a common issue? Is it already known what causes the issue?
> What can I do to find out what happens?

When I see this behavior it usually involves some applet or symbol in the
notification area doing something animated.
E.g. I get this during file copy operations when the notification icon shows a
spin animation, or when the network applet shows a spin animation when it
tries to connect to a network that doesn't react promptly, or when Kopete has
"pulses" its icon.

Cheers,
Kevin