Re: ksystraycmd missing

On 18 June 2016 at 16:35, MERLIN Philippe wrote:

> > Help,

> > With the recent update in SID AMD64 i have this message : impossible to

> > start ksystraycmd or Plasma message say "impossible to open library

> > libkdeinit5_ksystraycmd and its seems normal an apt-file search find

> > libkdeinit5 does not show any libkdeini5_ksystraycmd.

> > What can I do ? is a problem with the comming of new Kde Frameworks ?

> > Cheers.

> > Philippe Merlin

Thank you, but i can't install kde-workspace-bin

LANG=C apt-get install kde-workspace-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package kde-workspace-bin is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
 plasma-workspace:i386 plasma-desktop:i386 plasma-workspace plasma-desktop-data plasma-desktop
 kde-runtime-data

E: Package 'kde-workspace-bin' has no installation candidate
Cheers.

What application are you trying to start that uses ksystraycmd? The systray system changed and that command is not available anymore. Plasma-workspace includes xembedsniproxy that enables old system tray icons.

https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2016/06/msg00087.html

--
Sami Erjomaa