Re: jessie: stalled transfer notifications

Thom Castermans wrote on 06/06/2016 01:58 AM:
> Hi Doc,
>
> Although I am not experiencing those issues myself, I can guess which
> process(es) are responsible for those notifications and the CPU usage. Do
> you
> have KPackageKit, Apper or something similar installed?

"kpackagekit" doesn't appear in the list of available packages when I run
synaptic (which is my preferred manager: I have used it for a decade or so on
many machines and have never had any problem with it).

Synaptic does tell me that "apper" is installed.

I checked with "ps", and synaptic itself is not running.

"ps" says that there are 782 tasks running, so it's not really very easy to
look through them all, although the culprits must be in there somewhere.

I think that I will try to reboot the system as soon as I get the chance
(perhaps later today), and hope that perhaps that will clear the problem.

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR