Re: Powermanagement: Menu entry for hibernating to disk gone (SOLVED)

On Sonntag, 5. Juni 2016 12:07:46 CEST Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> On Samstag, 4. Juni 2016 08:02:51 CEST trinques laurent wrote:
> > Le vendredi 3 juin 2016, 22:35:20 Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> […]
>
> > > On two of my systems upgraded to sid (expect partial KDEPIM 16.04, still
> > > needs more packages upgraded to 16.04 to install) I lost the menu entry
> > > for
> > > hibernating to disk. Also in the powermanagement settings it is not
> > > possible to select this option anymore.
> > >
> > > Anyone any idea what package could be missing?
> > >
> > > sleep 10 ; pm-hibernate  + pressing Ctrl-Alt-L to lock the screen works
> > > as
> > > a workaround.
> > >
> > > I had no closer look at it and will be away tomorrow, but maybe someone
> > > has
> > > already an idea?
> > >
> > > On one system I use in-kernel-suspend and in one userspace software
> > > suspend.
>
> […]
>
> > libpowerdevilcore2 and powerdevil,  powerdevil-data installed?
>
> Yes:
>
> martin@merkaba:~> apt-show-versions | grep powerdevil | grep amd64
> libpowerdevilcore2:amd64/sid 4:5.6.4-2 uptodate
> libpowerdevilui5:amd64/sid 4:5.6.4-2 uptodate
> powerdevil:amd64/sid 4:5.6.4-2 uptodate

This is solved.

The menu entry changed from "Tiefschlaf" to "Ruhezustand". I think I even read
about it in some blog entry, that it is about making it consistent with other
Desktops. And "Ruhezustand" is now called "Standby-Modus". Now I am not so
sure whether this is really an improvement.

Ciao,
--
Martin