krita 3.0 and calligra 3.0

Hi,

Lisandro suggested I mail this list to give you all a heads up about
Krita 3.0 and Calligra 3.0. The last version of Calligra and Krita
that was packaged by Debian was 2.8. Since then we've had the 2.9
releases. However, that series is end of life by now, and to be replaced
by the 3.0 release. It would not make a whole lot of sense to try and
package 2.9 at this point.

The Krita and Calligra projects have split up amicably. The result is
two separate projects that have separate release schedules and can be
co-installed independently and should be packaged separately. We plan to release Krita 3.0 by the end of this month.

Oh, and when I was browsing the debian packaging bugs for Calligra I
noticed a bug about the presence of the Lena image which we used to use
for unittests.  Those images have been replaced by CC-by licensed Carrot
images from http://www.peppercarrot.com/ :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt | http://www.krita.org, http://www.valdyas.org