Re: plasma 5.5 in experimental

On 16 February 2016 at 18:38, Marc Haber wrote:
Hi,

I have tried plasma 5.5 from experimental and kwin-x11 crashes
immediately on login. This leaves me with unmovable undecorated
windows. Starting anther kwin instance from a shell doesn't work
either since some leftover from the dead kwin instance blocks access.

Unfortunately, drkonqui doesn't start in that situation as well.

Is that a known issue, and how can I assist in debugging?

Greetings
Marc

Marc Haber         | "I don't trust Computers. They | Mailadresse im Header
Leimen, Germany    |  lose things."    Winona Ryder | Fon: *49 6224 1600402
Nordisch by Nature |  How to make an American Quilt | Fax: *49 6224 1600421

Hi,

Have you installed all the plasma and KF packages from experimental that you can? IIRC I had similar problem that was fixed when I installed qml-module-org-kde-* packages from experimental.

the Plasma 5.5 and KF 5.18/19 isn't complete or possible to install from experimental since some of the packages are built with qt 5.5.1 from unstable and some are built with qt 5.6.0 beta from experimental making it impossible for the build system to build all the packages or install when they depend on different qt versions.