Re: Safe to upgrade?
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Safe to upgrade?
- From: Tim Folger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2016 16:55:09 -0700
- Message-id: <[🔎] 7808955.BkRsjipiKg@folger>
- In-reply-to: <CAG3TXKNw3vUXwZbVD9Kf_HHmPrcbw1zPVp+DDbf2tXYKokfYmw@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <1576186.f2OaCFmGOa@folger> <CAG3TXKNw3vUXwZbVD9Kf_HHmPrcbw1zPVp+DDbf2tXYKokfYmw@mail.gmail.com>
On Monday 07 December 2015 8:28:31 AM Robert van den Berg wrote:
> It is working fine for me. Even my final issue with SDDM is gone, probably
> due to the updated NVIDIA drivers.
> Big thank you to the team!
> Kind regards,
> On Dec 6, 2015 11:34 PM, "Tim Folger" <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'm running debian testing, with kde version 4.14.2, Given some of the
> > problems I've seen posted on this list, I've been hesitating to upgrade to
> > Plasma 5. What's the state of plasma 5 now in testing? Is it generally
> > safe to
> > upgrade?
> > Thanks for any input.
> > Tim
I just wanted to post a short follow-up: After some hesitation, I dist-
upgraded my laptop and desktop today to kde 4.14.14. Everything is working
smoothly, and some things that weren't working before--searches in dolphin,
for example--now work. I also installed the plasma-systray-legacy package so I
could use hplip and skype. Overall, I think plasma 5 looks very elegant.
Thanks, debian kde team!