Re: Akonadi is broken

Hey,

> Right. I have worked through my backlog of FOSS list mails and have learned
> that Akonadi is no longer pursuing to be a PIM hub for applications other
> then the one for KDEPIM.

Okay now we end up in a philsophical discussion - kdepim is still a PIM hub
for applications. We know no application, that was using the IMAP like
protocol directly - do you know one? Every application accessing akonadi was
using akonadilibs. That leads to change the protocol to something incredibly
faster binary protocol.

The bad decision was kicking out the support of the old protocol in the same
step. Which request every application needs to be updated / recompiled with
the new libakonadi.

Regards,

sandro