Re: Akonadi is broken

Hey,

> So the package upgrade does not upgrade the schema?

akonadi is a user process and the akonadi db is located in the home of the
user - and the packagemanager don't touch any userdata. So akonadi itself
needs to update it schema.

> The protocol is an implementation detail of the Akonadi client library as
> far as applications are concerned. I.e. applications don't use the protocol
> directly.
> kdepimlibs, which libakonadi-kde belongs to, has a binary compatibility
> policy in place, so upgrading the library does not require to also change
> the applications.

ABI stability was in place for kdepim < 5, but currently kdepim don't give any
stability, because we need the time to sort things out. Futhermore kdepimlibs
build with Qt4 is not compaltible with the same lib build with Qt5. So you
will properly face problems using the libs in a mixed environment.

Regards,

sandro