Re: possible cause? Re: iceweasel locking up under KDE, fine under Xfce

Martin Steigerwald wrote on 23/12/15 20:54:
Hi Arthur,

I'm again having to run under lxdm/xfce - am I the only person having
this problem with KDE?

As I think I said I have no issues with iceweasel on Plasma 5 session. Self-
compiled KF5 and KDEPIM together with Plasma 5 packages from Debian Sid.

Also I do not think above bug is related, cause it refers to a wayland
session. I pretty much guess that you are not using a wayland session, but an
X11 one.

I am using an X11 session, but can't think of any closer problem at the moment. I've previously filed a bug against kinit, Debian bug #806213.

Also I often do not notice new mails to this thread, cause even with Full HD
resolution the thread moved out towards the right. On any account I suggest
you take this up with Plasma developers or more Plasma specific user forums as
here you appear mostly talking with yourself. It may even make sense to try to
ask on IRC.

Do you have any specific suggestions for a plasma-specific forum, or just kde.org?

Filing an own bug report with a consice and detailed summary of your issue +
all data may also help, but it may happen it takes a while till you receive a
response. Anyway, during Christmas time and otherwise as well I would be
gentle in requesting developer time, but I imagine that a dev may be
interested into actually solving the issue provided that you are willing to
take the time to gather all data necessary to do it as the developer requests
you to. I made this experience recently, Sandro asked me to attach gdb to the
kmail process do find the root cause for issues with displaying inline pgp
encrypted mails. We did. And he fixed the issue.

On any account I suggest you look broader than this forum as it appears to me
that you did not receive any helpful hints there recently and the cause for
this may just be that no one knows.

As to display manager: I do use sddm. As thats the one that upstream uses and
I expect it to be the best tested one with a Plasma session.

Thanks for the detailed comments.

I'm happy to try things including building packages from source, but am not a C/C++ programmer.

Arthur.