Re: Safe to upgrade?

On Thursday 10 December 2015 9:03:33 AM Dominique Dumont wrote:
> On Sunday 06 December 2015 15:34:59 you wrote:
> > What's the state of plasma 5 now in testing? Is it generally safe to
> > upgrade?
>
> I use plasma5 from sid on a desktop and a laptop.
>
> This is fairly stable now and usable.
>
> Suspend and resume now work most of the time. This point was hugely improved
> in the last weeks.
>
> I still have some issues when switching on and off an external screen (the
> laptop is 1920x1080 and the screen is 1920x1200).
> When the external screen is switched off, the layout is readjusted for the
> smaller screen, but the bottom menu bar is lost until I switch the external
> screen back on (or restart sddm).
>
> Currently, the major pain point for me is the missing digikam..
>
> Hope this helps

Thanks, Dominique. That's good to know. Do you happen to use Network Manager?
I started using it for the first time on my new laptop running debian testing
and kde 4.14.2, and it has been working really well. For years I had been
configuring my wireless settings in /etc/network/interfaces. Network Manager
makes things much easier. I'm hoping it would still work if I upgrade to
Plasma 5.

Tim