Re: sid KDE broken again - locks up when loading iceweasel

Diederik de Haas wrote on 05/11/15 04:46:
On Thursday 05 November 2015 04:06:13 Arthur Marsh wrote:
I still get a lock-up with the stock Debian 4.2.0-1 kernel.
I hope that it isn't a sign of a GPU going bad...

Does the lockup also happen when you have your browser open but don't have a
tab with audio and/or video in it? I have had some weird issue with iceweasel
and that turned out to be caused by gstreamer.

It may be a long shot, but have you tried with a different init system, namely
with systemd? In the "Cannot shutown from plasma or sddm" it seemed to have
solved some weird issue ...

The problem has gone now, possibly due to a subsequent upgrade.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Arthur.