SDDM and sysvinit-core

Hi all,

as can be seen in [0] and in [1], currently (at least in testing)
the combination of SDDM with sysvinit-core does not work properly.
Reboot and shutdown are not working in this combination.

The question which arises for me is: Is this combination even *supposed*
to work?

Being sort of an old fart, I would prefer sysvinit over systemd.
However, if the combination of SDDM and sysvinit is not something
the Debian KDE team considers as "ought to be working", then I
might as well kiss sysvinit good-bye, at least on my desktops.

So I'd like to know what the Debian KDE team's view on the
matter is. aTdHvAaNnKcSe for sharing your insights (or pointers
to them). :)

Regards,

	Christian

[0] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2015/08/msg00166.html
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2015/11/msg00006.html

--
kernel concepts GmbH       Tel: +49-271-771091-11
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48