dist-upgrade still failing

Thanks for all answers, this is my report.
This is the list of commands I tried:
as root:
apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade, 0 packages
apt-get purge lightdm
apt-get autoremove --purge
apt-get install --reinstall kdm
apt-get install kde-full
apt-get install task-kde-desktop
reboot
I still get the lightdm greeter and it fails to start
back to the console
systemctl stop kdm.service
systemctl start kdm.service
systemctl stop lightdm.service, not loaded
as user
startx, still the lightdm screen, no desktop
back to console as user
startx startkde, kde starts as an xterm session
Problem I see is that even grub now has the lightdm screen, I cannot understand how that happens since I completely purged lightdm.
So as root
apt-get install grub-efi-amd64
apt-get install --reinstall grub-common
still SOL, startx startkde is my only option so far.
Where is Lisandro when you need him?
If anybody wants to troubleshoot logs, I am of course willing to paste.