Re: dist-upgrade did not work

Am Freitag, 30. Oktober 2015, 13:59:37 schrieb Carlos Kosloff:
> I unheld libqt5x11extras5, did a full dist-upgrade, rebooted, lightdm
> did not work.
> Edited /etc/X11/default-display-manager and set it to kdm, lightdm
> started and failed.
> Same for sddm.
> Somehow some init script is set to lightdm and it will revert to that,
> no matter what I set as default dm.
> If default display set to lightdm it starts, but does not fully boot to
> the desktop.
> My system is badly borked, I have to resort to startx startkde, no dm
> will work.
> Can somebody help?

Hehe, also just made a dist-upgrade on testing.
It took me one reboot und two /etc/init.d/kdm stop/start to get the KDE
desktop alive.

# dmesg|tail
[   80.114752] kactivitymanage[1349]: segfault at 7f8b6caf4cd0 ip
00007f8b6ca94291 sp 00007ffffa2e3bc8 error 4 in
libQt5Sql.so.5.5.1[7f8b6ca80000+3f000]

You could try 'apt-get install kde-full', I recetly made this and it pulled
several packages in that were missing.

Good luck !

Tim