Re: Behold of qt5x11extras5

Many users experienced crashes after dist-upgrade yesterday, including myself.
kdm started going in a loop and would not reach the desktop, so I set sddm as default, which caused a completely black screen, known unresolved issue.
So I installed lightdm, no luck either, but at least no black screen, just stopped before reaching desktop.
I downgraded the lib Lisandro mentions, and also qml-module qt-graphical effects, both packages were still in the archives, no luck.
I tried to go back to kdm, but it was just trying to load lightdm, although kdm was set as default, go figure.
I purged lightdm, then I did apt-get autoremove --purge to get rid of extra packages, rebooted, and still was greeted with the lightdm screen!
So from console I typed startx startkde and got a semblance of a desktop via an xterm session.
I need to work on that computer, please help.