Re: frameworkintegration depends on qtbase-abi-5-4-2 which doesn't exist?

On Sat 24 Oct 2015 03:11:23 PM Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 22. Oktober 2015, 13:34:55 CEST schrieb Thomas Fjellstrom:
> > I updated my desktop like a noob, and now it's completely broken. Plasma
> > wont install, due to frameworkintegration not being installable.
> >
> > I really shouldn't have done it. *sigh* I had heard people had updated to
> > the new debian kde packages successfully. I guess they broke again.
>
> On apt dist-upgrade always check what gets removed!

I didn't know what the package was, or why it was there. There were a lot of
package replacements in the 4->5 transition, things that looked very
important, weren't, and vice-versa.

> I just postponed the dist-upgrade until apt did not want to uninstall
> frameworkintegration. I even postponed a upgrade, without dist-, cause I did
> not want to have mixed Qt 5.4 / 5.5 setup. And it worked just fine. Nothing
> was broken.
>
> So really check apt dist-upgrade output on unstable and testing systems
> before you proceed. Thats really a required basic skill required to run
> these Debian versions.

Yup. That said, I've had no experience with KDE5 or Qt5 till now.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca