Re: Help needed: watch up during sid updates/upgrades

On Friday 23 October 2015 11:47:00 Coque Couto wrote:

> perezmeyer@gmail.com>:
> > [...]
> >
> > But there's a gotcha: now libqt5gui5 recommends libqt5xcbqpa5. Some people
> > are
> > having problems due to it not being installed. It reflects in the app
> > saying
> > that the xcb plugin is not present.
>
> If libqt5gui5 needs libqt5xcbqpa5, shouldn't it require it, instead of
> recommend it? I don't install recommended packages by default.

Ideally, no. Pure qt5 apps do not need X11 to run (yes, you can run pure Qt5
apps in the linuxfb!).

So we first pushed the xcb plugin as a separate package, recommended by
libqt5gui5. But it turns out that only people who are installing libqt5gui5
for the first time will get it (or maybe people who have directly installed
it, and not automatically installed by dependencies).

So it created a major problem. I have just pushed a fixed version to unstable,
it will probably be ready to be installed in ~6hs.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
14: Para acceder y navegar en internet
    * Debe tener conexion a Internet