Re: Status of Qt 5.5?

On Thursday 15 October 2015 08:41:12 Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> On Thursday 15 October 2015 05:42:19 Sune Vuorela wrote:
> > I think the plan is to push it to unstable soon after 5.5.1 is out.
>
> Alright, thanks for the info.

Indeed, it has been released today and I started to build it. But take into
account that it usually takes me some days to get the full stack uploaded
first to experimental (we need this). Then I need the Release Team to give me
green light for pushing it to unstable and then some more days compiling and
pushing to unstable.

So expect some delay ;)

> > But note that the QScreen bug is not yet fixed.
>
> Some fixes supposedly went into Qt 5.5 and in the bugreport they say they
> can't reproduce the problem with the current state of the Qt 5.6 branch
> anymore.
>
> So even if the problem is not competely fixed, maybe apps are crashing in
> fewer circumstances!?

Indeed, the number of crashes should get lower.

--
Evite los parámetros estáticos. Si son inevitables, haga que el emisor
y el receptor negocien un valor.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/