Re: Digikam

On Sunday 04 October 2015 12:59:23 Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> Am Samstag, 3. Oktober 2015, 13:52:16 CEST schrieb Shai Berger:
> > On Saturday 03 October 2015 12:52:55 Luc Castermans wrote:
> > > I think to get it soon you can help. Nobody stops you doing this
> >
> > Actually, that seems to be inaccurate. If you look at the bug for the
> > gcc-5
> > transition[1] you'll see numerous suggestions for help, including a person
> > who was able to build the package, and about two weeks ago, a Debian
> > Developer offering to do a non-maintainer update (NMU); but the package
> > maintainers have not responded.
> >
> > It should be noted that there are other serious problems in the package --
> > for example, it seems to depend on an obsolete version of GStreamer[2] --
> > but as far as I'm aware, none of these other problems affect the rest of
> > the system in a similar way (forcing a choice between Digikam and updating
> > the rest of the system).
>
> Last I heard there was still something blocking an upload of a newer
> Digikam. But I am not sure what it was.
>
> Digikam upstream makes it difficult to package it in a distro by bundling
> not yet released libraries for example. That is at least what I heard
> repeatedly. As to the exact cause why its not there, yet, I don´t know.

That's supossed to change soon hopefully.

> If you want to know or better even help, then feel free to ask on debian-qt-
> kde mailing list or debian-qt-kde IRC channel. Also feel free to notify the
> team about the offered NMU update there. There are currently a ton of bug
> reports, of which some may still be related to transition issues and could
> be closed meanwhile, and no response basically often just means, no time
> yet to respond or not aware of the offer.

Current uploaders are either busy or not interested.

If someone with packaging experience wants to take over digikam I'll gladly
help, but you *definitely* need packaging experience, it's not currently an
easy pick.

As long as no one steps up for doing the maintenance work digikam will not be
updated.

Kinds regards, Lisandro.

--
Si vives cada día de tu vida como si fuera el último,
algún día realmente tendrás razón.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/