Re: Digikam

On Saturday 03 October 2015 12:52:55 Luc Castermans wrote:
> I think to get it soon you can help. Nobody stops you doing this

Actually, that seems to be inaccurate. If you look at the bug for the gcc-5
transition[1] you'll see numerous suggestions for help, including a person who
was able to build the package, and about two weeks ago, a Debian Developer
offering to do a non-maintainer update (NMU); but the package maintainers have
not responded.

It should be noted that there are other serious problems in the package -- for
example, it seems to depend on an obsolete version of GStreamer[2] -- but as
far as I'm aware, none of these other problems affect the rest of the system in
a similar way (forcing a choice between Digikam and updating the rest of the
system).

Shai.

[1]	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=777833
[2]	https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=785837