Re: Huge disk I/O during login (Plasmashell?)

On Tuesday 29 September 2015 08:55:22 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> for a few weeks I experience a huge disk I/O when opening the KDE5
> session. Logging in from sddm takes ~2 minutes. I run Sid with the
> latest updates: The usual plasmashell desktop with Kmail/Akonadi/
> Baloo but file indexing is disabled. I have a local mail folder of
> ~2.7G and Akonadi/mysqld show some activity during session start.
> Just a normal notebook hard disk (no SSD).
>
> But I think that ''plasmashell --shut-up'' provides a significant amount
> of disk I/O when opening the session and that's weird. I have almost no
> activities configured, only panel + task bar, a single static background
> image.
>
> Any idea how to decrease the disk load during login?

In my case the stuff that makes apt update it's database also plays a huge
role in this, but mostly the first time I turn on the machine each day.

--
The POP3 server service depends on the SMTP server service, which
failed to start because of the following error:

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/