Re: Reinstall KDE completely

Sorry, Martin, but what I´m trying to achieve is irrelevant. I need to do it, and asked how. The kind people on this list told me the best way they knew. In any case, what I´m trying to do is to do a clean install of KDE5 on a long running sid system. On KDE4 it was easy, I just had to remove the .kde folder, for example.

Yes, that´s what I thought too, Brad. purge would not touch my home config files. Thanks.

So I´ll remove all packages by hand and the config files one by one - it seems that is the only way.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Cheers

On Sat, 19 Sep 2015 08:54:26 -0300
"M." <infinity.probability@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello M.,

>Thanks for the suggestion, but autoremove --purge did not remove the
>config

Because it knows *nothing* about them.  Purge *never* touches anything
in the user directory, nor should it.  As you go on to say, the only way
to remove those files is for you to delete them.  This is only right and
proper.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is