Re: KDE5 Java SystemTray not supported

On Friday 18 September 2015 16:43:19 Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just upgraded to KDE5 on unstable and immediately realized that my Java
> PBX Client fails to start because SystemTray.isSupported() returns false.
>
> I am using openjdk-8 packages.
>
> My questions are
> - is there a known work-around to start such Java apps within KDE5 ?

*Maybe* if you use sni-qt, but I'm not sure.

> - where should the bug report go, kde or openjdk ?

Most probably openjdk, see

 http://blog.martin-graesslin.com/blog/2014/06/where-are-my-systray-icons/

Good luck with that!

--
Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly. It just happens to be
very selective about who it decides to make friends with.

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer
http://perezmeyer.com.ar/
http://perezmeyer.blogspot.com/