Re: KDE5 upgrade loses settings

On 17/09/15 12:19 PM, Brad Rogers wrote:
On Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:14:21 -0400
Gary Dale <garydale@torfree.net> wrote:

Hello Gary,

Is there a way to get the new Kate to import the katesession files?
Many apps are now using ~/.config - Kate included.  Maybe copy for
session settings there.

OK, found it. The new sessions are in ~/.local/share/kate/sessions

And when Kontact is upgraded, will I lose my "settings" (calendar,
contacts, etc. are considered to be "settings") there too?
I don't use Kontact, just KOrganiser, and didn't lose my reminders,
etc.  I have found that, for some reason, some of the colour settings
for Event type aren't being used.