Re: Re: Plasma desktop unusable in stretch

On Thu, 3 Sep 2015 21:21:52 +0500 Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> That's the main misunderstanding.
> We had several tries to design and/or create a rolling Debian distro but
> there is nothing currently existing AFAIK.
> And it takes a lot more effort than is currently spent on unstable and
> testing (which is already a lot).

So what happened to these efforts to make always usable / always releasable testing? I remember such proposals, for example:
https://lwn.net/Articles/406301/
https://lwn.net/Articles/550032/

I always viewed testing as intended at desktop usage which ideally should suit causal non technical users too, but at the same time I know that such goals weren't yet reached and things can break seriously (so using snapshots to avoid major issues like recent Plasma 5 breakage is something every user of testing should learn). That's why I'm still hesitant to recommend testing for those who aren't ready to deal with such issues.

So are there still any plans to change that like above, or they were stalled because it requires too much resources to implement and maintain?

Regards,
Hillel Lubman.