Re: Plasma past G++ transition

On Fri 04 Sep 2015 03:43:44 AM Diederik de Haas wrote:
> On Thursday 03 September 2015 19:16:12 Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> > It seems like all the older virtual and meta packages are holding things
> > back.
>
> That could very well be the case. There are a number of virtual/meta
> packages which have been 'retired' afaik
>
> > I may go in and remove things like kde-full, and kde-workspace* (I
> > think that was renamed plasma-workspace*?).
>
> I do think that kde-workspace has been 'retired'; it's not available on my
> system. Doing 'aptitude markauto kde-workspace' seems like a good idea.
> Wrt kde-full I read on IRC that work is underway to make that
> installable/upgradable, but since it includes the whole kitchen it naturally
> takes to most time to get ready.

Yeah, kde and its dependencies aren't exactly "small".

> > But I really don't want to do without digikam which i read isn't updated
> > yet.
>
> Correct. Digikam is one of the applications which got removed on my upgrade
> (and some calligra packages I apparently had installed). Bluedevil was
> another one

I recall reading that bluedevil is now part of another package?

> > Not sure what I'll do yet, i do virtually everything on this machine and I
> > don't want to break anything essential (like kmail). I'll wait longer if I
> > have to.
>
> Waiting a bit more is rarely a bad advice ;-)
> The transition tracker may help in deciding how long to wait:
> https://release.debian.org/transitions/

Heh. I just keep attempting dist/full-upgrade's and plain upgrades to see what
goes through. Thanks for the link, I'll try and keep it open and check
regularly.

I'd also like to avoid losing things like steam, and especially skype, and it
seems the i386 stuff may be lagging behind.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
thomas@fjellstrom.ca