Re: Plasma desktop unusable in stretch

Am Donnerstag 03 September 2015, 18:12:04 schrieb Martin Steigerwald:
> Am Mittwoch, 2. September 2015, 22:46:12 schrieb Matthias Bodenbinder:
> > Am 02.09.2015 um 19:50 schrieb Gary Dale:
> > [...]
> > > the brave souls who run sid do what they, not I, signed up for.
> > I 100% support that statement. On the debian wiki
> > (https://wiki.debian.org/DebianTesting) it says:
> >
> > 	Packages from Debian Unstable enter the next-stable testing distribution
> > automatically, when a list of requirements is fulfilled: [...] The package
> > does not introduce new release critical bugs.
>
> So and now *who* reports these?

If the packages should be allowed into testing only if not
introducing new RC bugs, then the bugs must be reported
(i.e., opened) by the users of unstable, if they should
prevent the package from trickling into testing.

Then again, since the packages actually /went/ into testing,
this means that there were no new RC bugs opened by the
users of unstable -- maybe the packages were working there
and only in conjunction with the package situation in testing
the issues show.

That seems to be a pretty funny puzzle to solve.

> Then rethink from there.

Trying to. =)

Regards,
	Christian