Re: Plasma 5 doesn't start after update on Stretch

Am 20.08.2015 um 10:12 schrieb Hillel Lubman:
> On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 19:50:22 Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> Here is what I did for the reference:
>
> Created /etc/apt/preferences.d/snapshots
> like this:
>
> Package: *
> Pin: origin "snapshot.debian.org"
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Then created /etc/apt/sources.list.d/snapshots.list
> like this:
>
> deb     http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20150817T213310Z/ testing main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20150817T213310Z/ testing main contrib non-free
>
> And then run:
>
> sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> and it downgraded those packages to the working set. Don't forget to comment out or remove that preference and apt source after you downgrade the packages.

If you do it like that, ALL packages will be downgrade to snapshot level. I think it is better to restrict this activity to just the two packages i question.

Here is what I did:

1) Download the 2 packages from http://snapshot.debian.org/. There is a "search binary package" function which allows to search for libkdecorations2-5 and libkdecorations2private5.
Download versions 4:5.3.2-1

2) Install them via "dkpg -i <packagename>"

3) Pin the two packages to prevent future upgrades:

Package: libkdecorations2-5
Pin: version 4:5.3.2-1
Pin-Priority: 1000

Package: libkdecorations2private5