Re: Any idea when KDE will be working properly in Stretch?

On Friday, August 21, 2015 12:50:58 PM Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Friday 21 August 2015, Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
> > >
> > > It is a Debian packaging bug in the breeze mouse-cursors. If you use
> > > oxygen mouse-cursors you will get the right resize types. I original
> > > thought it was kwin issue and talked with Martin Gräßlin about it, and
> > > he instantly knew what the issue was as Fedora had had the exact same
> > > packaging issue.
> >
> > Is there a bug filed for that?
>
> No Gräßlin said he would look into it since he is also a Debian user.
>
> Martin, what was the issue with mouse cursors and packing?

sorry didn't get to look into it yet after Akademy. The issue on Ubuntu was
that there were default fallback themes not being setup correctly.

Comparing the packages for Ubuntu and Debian I see the following difference:
/etc/X11/cursors/Breeze_Snow.theme
/etc/X11/cursors/breeze_cursors.theme

Relevant changelog entry on Ubuntu:

  * Revise postinst and prerm for cursor themes. The themes now
    get inheritance configs created that we use for the default symlink which
    should make the default setup work as expected.

 -- Harald Sitter <sitter@kde.org>  Mon, 30 Mar 2015 12:59:09 +0200

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
Martin