Display problem

I'm running unstable on an 8Gb quad-core system.

I have had a Dell Ultrasharp U2515H 2560 by 1440 pixel display. The Graphics card is a Radeon HD6450 using DisplayPort. The startup messages are frequently unreadable but I get a great desktop display and TTYs

I have been upgrading kde as I go along.

Ever since I got the setup, the display occasionally becomes solarised, pastel and distorted when left alone. Logging out of plasma is enough to sort it. I don't think I have found anything useful in .xsession-errors or the xorg.0.log.

This has persisted through various plasma and xorg upgrades

Any suggestions?

anxiousmac